PRESENTATION: Digital isn’t everything, it’s part of the pie
February 28, 2011 2 Comments
I recently did a presentation to a group of commercial printers who service the advertising and design industry. They were interested in understanding how they could tailor their services to compete in a digital world and what they could do to increase their services.
The theme of my presentation was around ‘Digital isn’t everything, it’s part of the pie’. The presentation covered the following:
1. AUSTRALIAN’S ONLINE HABITS
- History of the Internet – from 1968 to today
- Australian digital trends and statistics - eCommerce spend, female & male online habits, age groups, media consumption habits
2. WHAT ARE THE OPPORTUNITIES?
- Customer journey - from awareness to retention
- Overcoming customer blindness - personal data capture
- Email communications - Bluefly January 2011 total emails (57 in the month)
- CRM programs - Qantas, Country Road and Apple
3. FIVE ACTIONS
The top five actions for commercial printers are:
- Understand the digital space
- Understand the data capabilities of brands & campaigns
- Tailor your product offering to have increased creativity through the use of data
- Redevelop your production process that allows short rapid print runs – online tonight, mail tomorrow
- Evangelise to Creative Agencies (Studio Managers, Creative Directors, Production Managers) & Clients.
To understand how we can tailor a solution for you, please visit WiTH Collective.