Client & Agency feedback – what is the role?
August 28, 2008 Leave a comment
After sitting through two rounds of client/agency feedback, it made me realise what a missed opportunity it was to promote the great clients we work with and address a lot more of the concerns that people are usually too shy to bring up in a one-to-one environment.
While answering the client/agency survey, I was too worried in getting through the three surveys that needed to be answered rather than thinking about how it could really benefit us. I think it was because I was still in my flu induced state of mind…….
Top five learnings from the review:
- Pre-meeting – It is essential to meet with the team prior to answering the questions and detail all of the projects you have worked on over the past survey period. Highlight the good, bad and areas for improvement for both the client and the agency. It is good to discuss what comments you think are relevant and common themes that need to be addressed.
- Homework – Think about what you want to convey before putting it in writing. Any comments will be shown to everyone, even though they are anonymous.
- Client champions – Highlight who the key clients are that have been champions for the agency. Make sure you detail why they have been agency champions and how they have helped make the job easier.
- Agency champions – Highlight who the key agency staff are that have been champions for the agency and promoted integration, effectiveness and creativity. Make sure you detail why they have been agency champions and how they have helped make the job easier.
- Comments – The more detailed your comments are the better. It is painful filling out so many areas, but every comment is important.
Next client/agency review, I am actually going to take the time to plan. think and detail what the key themes are, the people we need to highlight and ensure the rest of the agency/team are aligned.
Written by Dominique Hind