Tesco – great email communications & templates
September 5, 2008 1 Comment
Most retailers under utilise their email communications to their opted-in customers. Australian retailers are trialling email and not many are doing it well. The main reason being that there isn’t a focus on emails and there is no umbrella strategy to tie all communications together. The retailers who are doing it best are from the UK and US.
Tesco do a great job of ensuring that no matter how many different emails they send there is some consistency and a common thought around how they all fit together under the same creative suite. The consistency across some of the Tesco emails are:
- HTML page – always appears at the top of the page
- Logo – always appears in the top left-hand corner
- Email name – always appears next to the Tesco logo
- Navigation – always appears under the logo and high enough so it appears in the preview window
- Hero offer – always appears at the top of the email (includes a short paragraph and larger hero image)
- Supporting offers – always appears under the email (includes text and images)
- Saving offer – aways appears under the supporting offers (includes a dollar/pound saving)
- T&Cs – always appear at the bottom and are so long (see image below).
Below is a collection of some of the emails that Tesco send out on a regular basis.