Top 10 Most Popular Posts – Dominique Hind’s Collective
March 2, 2009 1 Comment
Being obsessed with results and effectiveness, something I’m really interested in is what posts have generated the most traffic (views). If you remove the posts about my history, the top 10 posts are:
- Dell’s journey to listening – IdeaStorm
- Coles Supermarketin – great email communications
- Who is Ben Self? Obama’s social marketing guru
- The Viral Formula – what works?
- How to promote a campaign competition?
- How to sell cars in a recession? Offer Assurance – Hyundai Assurance
- Attitudes differ between Generations – Harris Interactive
- Dell IdeaStorm – the snapshot
- Traffic driver with results – commenting on blogs
- What’s working on my blog? Stats update
There are a couple of themes that come out of the popular posts:
- Channels are important: email, viral, social media
- Aquisition: selling cars, promoting competitions
- Statistics: behaviour research, blog results
- Companies: Dell, Coles Hyundai.
There are a couple of things that need to be considered when looking at these stats:
- Duration: when did the post go live? I have been writing this blog since September last year (6mths) and some of the popular posts are ones from early on.
- Frequency: has the post been posted live more than once? There are a couple of posts that I have used twice to keep the content fresh. These were ones that had an already high viewing rate and ones that I considered to be populare.
- Topic: The most popular posts, given the duration, were on topical events. In particular, Ben Self, Obama, Dell, Hyundai and their reseccion plan.
- External drivers: there were particular days/events over the last 6mths that drove a spike in traffic to the site. Posts that were live on that day had an extra boost in numbers
Below is a screen grab of the top posts and the correlating traffic to each page.