Toyota – Why Not? Innovations leads to evolution
March 9, 2009 2 Comments
Toyota have recently launched a new site focused on environmental innovation, Why Not?. It covers everything from safety, water, land, air, community and energy.
The interesting thing about this site is that consumers can get involved and share their thoughts about what else Toyota and the community can do to make a differenct. See the journey throughout the site below:
- Consumer involvement – as long as you register on the site, you are able to submit your thoughts.
- Corporate social responsibility (CSR) – so many companies are getting on the CSR bandwagon. Fingers crossed there will be more and more meaning that combined there is a bigger focus on doing something to help the environment.
- Simple site – this is such a simple site, you know what you need to do as soon as you get to the home page. No learning necessary.
- Multiple navigation options – rather than having one option to navigate through the site there are several: top left, centre, footer, circle navigation, drop down menu.
- Logo link – rather than linking consumers back to the Toyota home page when they click on the Toyota logo in the top left hand corner, it links to the about Toyota and lists the other CSR events they are into.
- Online community driving offline change – Starbucks
- Dell IdeaStorm – the snapshot
- Dell’s journey to listening – IdeaStorm