Canon launches site to help DSLR photographers – World of EOS
May 4, 2009 6 Comments
Since I first started at Leo Burnett, we have been working on a website for Canon and their EOS or Digital SLR camera audience. In the very early hours of Sunday morning (3rd May, 2009), the World of EOS website went live.
It is a great resouce for all people interested in photography. The content can really be divided into three key areas:
The first Challenge to go live is EOS photochains where people are encouraged to upload a photo based on a link provided in the previous photo. There are three different chains:
- Hero – this is where you can actually win some great Canon prizes if you photo is selected
- Public – a space for you to create your own chain that everyone can get involved with
- Private – a private chain that you can invite people to be part of your chain
The second Challenge to go live on the World of EOS is Photo5. Pre-registrations will be live in the next few weeks with the competition going live later in the year. Stay tuned.
The learn section will be updated regularly with video tutorials focused on getting started with DSLR, get creative with photography and professional level tutorials coming soon. Chris Bray, an Australian freelance photographer, is the face behind the tutorials and does a great job making the DSLR easy to understand.
I’ll keep you updated on the sites progress (visits, members and new updates), but make sure you sign up and get involved on the website.
- Go to Canon’s World of EOS
- Sign up to become a member World of EOS
- Start taking photos to include in EOS photochains
- Watch the EOS tutorials
- Read the EOS blog
- Ask questions