BP & the environment – Talk stopped long ago
May 29, 2009 4 Comments
BP Australia have recently developed a website that showcases all of the environmental issues they are addressing, both locally and globally. The site is a great initative and focuses on the local initatives that BP are focusing on in the Australian market. On the site, all of the global initatives are listed.
The site is ‘talk stopped long ago’.
One of the sections of the site that allows users to interact with it is ‘save more than fuel’ within the what you can do section (see screens below).
- Environment, environment, environment: every company, even petrol companies, are getting behind it. Would be great if there could be an environmental standard, similar to the heart foundation to show who is doing something worth while and who is just saying it.
- Local focus showcasing global: it’s great to see a local site that has been developed to show all of the local environment initatives, as well as highlight the global initatives that BP are undertaking.
- User interaction increases engagement: I wouldn’t have engaged or spent the time on the ‘save more than fuel’ application if there weren’t things that could be updated and changed. If there is an important point that you (or a company) wants to make, look at how you can make it interactive.
- Toyota – Why Not? Innovation leads to evolution
- Vote Earth – Earth Hour’s 2009 campaign starring Shepard Fairey
- Online community driving offline change – Starbucks
Written by Dominique Hind