Have 20mins? Make some healthy banana, walnut & date muffins – YUM!
July 5, 2009 Leave a comment
I found this banana muffin recipe (nibbledish), made some modifications and am really happy with the result. The muffins were delicious and even Justin loved them (he is usually a little critical of my muffins).
Purpose of this post is to remind me of the ingredients and the details. Yes, it’s more for me than you, but you can benefit too. Definitely try the recipe.
INGREDIENTS (makes 6 muffins):
- 30g unsalted butter
- 60g clear honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large, very ripe bananas
- 10 diced walnuts
- 6 diced dates
- 150grams Wholemeal Flour
- 1 tsp baking power
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
COOKING DETAILS (use the wet into dry method):
- Melt butter, honey and vanilla over low heat. Leave to cool for a few mins
- Mash Bananas in a bowl
- Measure out flour, raising agents, cinnamon and salt. Add walnuts and dates to the mix.
- Mix melted butter with banana
- Mix into dry ingredients. DO NOT OVER MIX! A lumpy muffin mixture is always good sign
- Bake at 190 deg for 25mins
TOTAL TIME: 35mins
HEALTH RATING: Pretty good because there isn’t any sugar (refined) or eggs. There is a bit of butter, but when you divide it per muffin it doesn’t work out too bad.
FLAVOUR RATING: 4 out of 5