February 8, 2010 1 Comment
February is one of the best months because it’s my birthday and I can see which companies I subscribe (newsletters) remember my birthday and what they offer me. My birthday is under two weeks away and I’ve only received one email targeting my birthday. The thoughtful email was from Sephora, a US cosmetic and beauty company doing some great stuff online.
Below is the email I received:
This email details are:
- Send date: Saturday, 6th February 2010 – exactly two weeks before my birthday
- Send time: 8.59pm (Sydney time)
- Subject line: It’s almost your birthday! Open your gift early.
- Offer: Beautiful Eyes Kit redeemable instore or online
- Small print: The offer is valid for one month (two weeks before and two weeks after my birthday)
When I clicked through to the site from the email, this is the journey I went on.
1. Signed in page (personalised Sephora page)
2. Birthday offer highlighted as the first message
3. Automatic offer included in checkout
- Subject lines: Subject line invites you to open the email because there is a mention of a gift. I opened this email instantly to see what my present was.
- Customer journey: Ensure the customer journey is seamless. If you make it easy for a consumer, they have a great experience and will return.
- How to make an email look great but work from a template – Air NZ
- What’s working in emails? MailerMailer email marketing report (June 2009)
- Who has the best designed emails? Air NZ
- How to make the most of email templates? J.Crew
- Do you need a welcome? J.Crew thinks so
- How to encourage sales by email? Bluefly
- What else could Apple be doing in their emails?
- Overview of Apple’s email marketing
- What are the commen elements in Apple’s emails?
- Why does everyone love Apple’s emails?
- How many emails is too many? Qantas Frequent Flyer, Air NZ and Apple
- What questions to ask consumers to tailor email communications?
- What are email best practices?
- How to ensure subscribers see HTML emails?
- What & when retailers send emails? Tesco, Coles & ALDI
- Coles Supermarket – great email communications & templates